Welcome to The Biotherapy Development Association
The Biotherapy Development Association e.V. (BDA) is a not-for-profit organization, registered in Frankfurt, FRG, whose primary focus is to develop targeted cancer therapies in oncology using biological and other targeted agents.
It is based in Europe and interacts with the US, Japan and South-east Asia. Our head office is in Munich, Germany, and the association is registered under German Law.
To allow efficient and rapid drug development from pre-clinical stage to clinical stage by conducting pre-clinical studies and GCP-compliant phase I/II clinical studies to identify toxicity profiles, the optimal biologically active dose and clinical response.
- To interact with various partners with the aim of progressing new attractive drugs and concepts through clinical development to registration.
- To provide an effective interface with regulatory authorities in Europe, the US and Sout-east Asia.
- To give advice on the development of biotherapies to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and the non-expert medical community
Our members are experienced researchers and investigators in the development of biological agents for the treatment of cancer with, for example:
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Signal Transduction Inhibitors
- Anti-Angiogenic Therapies
- Cancer Vaccines
- Gene Therapy
- Definition and Validation of Biomarkers
In addition the group also has a strong interest in the identification and application of appropriate biomarkers to enhance and accelerate the clinical trials process in oncology.